- Collections - KC
- Kansas City, MO, USA
- Full Time
Offering a competitive benefits package to our Team Members is a top priority. Our Team Members are offered medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts and voluntary life benefits. We ensure long term success by offering a 401k plan with company match as well as company-paid short and long term disability, life insurance, paid time off, and wellness programs.
Are you looking for a company that wants to hire the right talent instead of just another person for the job?
Do you want to join a team of professionals who work hard, but still know how to have fun?
Would you like the opportunity to help other people improve their financial situation every day, yet still be able to earn UNLIMITED INCOME?
If you answered yes to these questions, then Pioneer Services may be the company you've been looking to join!
Pioneer Services, a Division of MidCountry Bank, is looking for a results-oriented P&L Recovery Collector to join our Team. The person we choose for this challenging full-time role will manage a portfolio of charged-off consumer accounts and will work with these customers to understand their financial situation and find creative solutions to help them get back on track. The secret to success in this position is effective collaboration, strong listening and negotiation skills, an engaging personality, a knack for customer service, and a genuine desire to help our customers get back on their feet.
HERE'S WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING...
- Placing (and receiving) a large volume of phone calls to the customers assigned to you
- Working with our customers to understand their current financial state. This often requires reviewing account details, asking good questions to the customers, and then really listening to the answers.
- Effectively negotiating with customers to resolve their delinquent accounts. This includes overcoming stalls and objections, as well as identifying and suggesting money sources for payment
- If necessary, using various skip trace techniques and resources to locate the customers in order to start the conversation about resolving their accounts
- Monitoring the accounts in your portfolio to make sure all the scheduled payments and follow-up activities occur. Sometimes, this means having additional conversations with the customers.
- Doing all the items listed above to meet monthly collection goals and performance standards
- Ensuring that all collection activities comply with federal, state, and local laws, and are in alignment with our company guidelines
- Other duties as assigned
HERE'S WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU...
- Minimum high school diploma or GED
- At least 3 years' experience working with customers on a one-on-one basis. Experience in sales, telemarketing, customer service, or collections are all welcome
- Self-starter, with a strong internal drive, competitive nature, and unwavering desire to achieve results
- Ability to make a large number of outbound phone calls each day
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to ask probing questions and listen carefully
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills are essential
- Proven ability to resolve conflict and build good relationships
- Strong negotiation skills, including the ability to "close the deal"
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Intermediate computer and typing skills are required
- Willing to work one late evening shift per week
- Must be able to pass pre-employment background check and drug screen
HERE'S WHY YOU WANT TO JOIN OUR TEAM...
- Competitive hourly rate, along with UNLIMITED commission potential
- Fun, competitive atmosphere with frequent contests, incentives, and company perks
- Supportive and engaged management team that really wants you to succeed
- Business casual work environment
- 401(k) plan with a very generous company match
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Company provided short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Company provided group tem life insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO), plus holidays
- Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
- Employee referral program
- Country Club Plaza office location with great restaurants nearby, secured parking garage, and on-site gym facilities
Pioneer Services, A Division of MidCountry Bank is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V