- Collections - LV
- Las Vegas, NV, USA
- Full Time
Offering a competitive benefits package to our Team Members is a top priority. Our Team Members are offered medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts and voluntary life benefits. We ensure long term success by offering a 401k plan with company match as well as company-paid short and long term disability, life insurance, paid time off, and wellness programs.
Pioneer Services, A Division of MidCountry Bank, has an opening for a Collections Specialist to join the Pre 30-day Delinquency Team in our Las Vegas, NV office location.
As a Collections Specialist, you are responsible for effective resolution of customer delinquency and the collections activity for all assigned accounts. The position exists to provide reduction of portfolio delinquency and minimize company charge-offs.
Makes contact with customers through outbound and incoming calls to address outstanding balances and resolve delinquency.
Demonstrates clear, concise and professional communication skills in all interactions and represents the company in a professional and ethical way.
Uses professional telephone communication techniques that balance empathy, as well as, the ability to defuse escalated callers.
Asks the right questions and demonstrates effective listening skills for gathering personal and financial information to determine situation that allows for negotiating payment resolution options.
Utilizes effective time management and organziation skills to stay productive and focused to meet or exceed establised account handling and call volume goals for reduction of outstanding delinquencies.
Ability to use skip tracing knowledge and tools and accurately document account information and status.
Ensures collection efforts are in compliance with all state and federal rules, regulations, acts and company policies and complies with Fair Debt Collections Practices Act (FDCPA) and FCRA (Fair Credit Reporting Act).
Ability to work in a fast paced, performance driven environment and to be on the telephone for long periods of time.
Must be self-motivated with confidence in earning ability, career minded and dependable.
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum of two years collections or customer service (outbound phone) experience and a proven track record of success in meeting monthly goals.
- Strong listening and verbal communication skills
- Proficient at probing and problem resolution
- Good Math skills to help negotiate payment arrangements
- Team oriented in helping to cover queues
- Military experience a STRONG PLUS
- Must be able to participate in annual bid for day, evening, and weekend shifts / office hours are 7 am - 6 pm, seven days a week.
- Lifting up to 15 pounds, standing, sitting, bending, walking, working on a computer, professional appearance, regular attendance and punctuality, friendly.
- Must be able to pass required credit and criminal background check and drug test.
Pioneer Services, A Division of MidCountry Bank is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V