- Collections - KC
- Kansas City, MO, USA
- Full Time
Offering a competitive benefits package to our Team Members is a top priority. Our Team Members are offered medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts and voluntary life benefits. We ensure long term success by offering a 401k plan with company match as well as company-paid short and long term disability, life insurance, paid time off, and wellness programs.
Pioneer Services, A Division of MidCountry Bank, is looking for results-oriented & team oriented Collections Specialist to join our Collections Team at our Kansas City, MO location.
This position is responsible for effective resolution of customer (military service member) delinquency and the collections activity for all assigned accounts through outbound and inbound phone calls and accurate documentation and handling customer accounts.
- Makes contact with customers through outbound and incoming calls to address outstanding balances and resolve delinquency.
- Demonstrates clear, concise and professional communication skills in all interactions and represents the company in a professional and ethical way.
- Uses professional telephone communication techniques that balance empathy, as well as, the ability to defuse escalated callers.
- Asks the right questions and demonstrates effective listening skills for gathering personal and financial information to determine situation that allows for negotiating payment resolution options.
- Utilizes effective time management and organziation skills to stay productive and focused to meet or exceed establised account handling and call volume goals for reduction of outstanding delinquencies.
- Utilizes skip tracing knowledge and tools and accurately document account information and status.
- Ensures collection efforts are in compliance with all state and federal rules, regulations, acts and company policies and complies with Fair Debt Collections Practices Act (FDCPA) and FCRA (Fair Credit Reporting Act).
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required
- 1-2 years previous collections experience
- 1-2 years customer service experience
- Military experience a STRONG plus
- Understanding of terms associated with loans and credit reporting also a plus
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously while continually meeting objectives
- Ability to work in a fast paced, performance driven environment and to be on the telephone for long periods of time
- Strong work ethic demonstrated through attendance and achievement of individual and team goals
- Self-motivated with confidence in earning ability, career minded and dependable
- Must be able to pass required credit and criminal background check and drug test.
- Willing to work evenings and Saturday rotation as needed
Pioneer Services, A Division of MidCountry Bank is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V